What is Image Submission or Sharing?
Image Submission or Sharing is the process of making a photo public and sharing it with others by submitting it to a repository that supports this type of sharing. Repositories that offer this type of service are often referred to as Image Sharing Services. These services typically accept uploaded photos from their users and allow visitors to view them online. Some of these services allow you to create an account and manage your photos from their site, often providing some organizational features to make it easier for the user.
Various Image Sharing Services offer different features and some may vary in the level of security and privacy settings. Some services allow you to specify how much information about you is shared with other photo viewers. If you’re looking for privacy when uploading photos and sharing them, be sure the service you choose allows for complete anonymity.
When it comes to image submissions, there are two basic ways of doing this, either directly from your computer or through one of the many image submission sites that act as photo hosts. The main goal of uploading a photo to a photo hosting site is mostly to have an online portfolio that allows you to publish your photos without having to upload them on each site individually.
The usual way of uploading photos is to first visit the Image Sharing Service page and log in with your account to access the management system. This will vary a lot depending on the type of service you are accessing, but the general process is almost always very similar. After logging in, you can either upload your photo files directly from your computer or select them from one of your existing folders. You may also have an option to import images from other services that also use an image submission method.
Adding photos directly from your computer will usually require you to browse for a local folder where there are photos available and then select them one by one to upload. This may not be the fastest method of uploading photos, but for most users, it will be preferable to using a service’s photo site because it offers a more reliable and secure method of uploading photos.
There are many image submission sites that allow you to upload from your computer directly and then share them with the public, such as Flickr, Picasa, and Flickr. These sites offer good image quality and do an excellent job of organizing posted photos so that viewers can easily browse and find what they’re looking for.
The main differences between these sites are the different layouts used in each one and how they handle metadata editing. Image submission websites that use their own custom layouts often provide additional features as well, such as metadata management or desktop publishing options.
Some photo hosting sites that accept submissions, such as Flickr, favor uploading and downloading files directly from their servers. This often allows them to keep track of who’s uploaded what and the overall number of photos uploaded in various locations on the Internet. Although this is an excellent feature, it also increases the amount of time it takes for photos to be delivered from these sites before they are visible to other users.
Related Article: Directory Submission Sites
Image Submission/Sharing Sites
In recent years, social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest have emerged as important platforms for information sharing. There are a number of image sharing sites on the internet that allow individuals to upload images of their activities to share. These sites can be useful in sharing some facets of an individual’s life with others.
One should also be cautious when uploading personal photographs through any image sharing site as there is a risk involved that people who view these images may do so without permission or knowledge. Those people who might misuse such images can cause harm to the individual. Image submission sites are primarily used to share photographs that have been taken by individuals. The most popular sites are Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr, and Pixabay.
Some of the obvious advantages of image submission sites are that they are free to use and easy to set up. People can upload their photographs and they can also add captions and descriptions if desired as well as tags that will help tourists understand more about the location in which they are traveling and also provide more information about the photo subject. There is potential for tourism promotion in addition to personal sharing through these image sharing sites.
Fees are charged for the sharing of images on some of these sites. Most small photo-sharing sites allow users to upload images up to a certain size before they have to pay for uploading additional images. Large size websites may need to be paid for separately or a subscription is required. Users can also choose to restrict the use of images and make them publicly accessible in an image gallery but this requires payment.
There are some privacy concerns when using image submission sites, however, as the photographs are not taken by the user but rather by other individuals and third parties who may have no knowledge of their purpose or owner. Sharing of photographs on these sites is a potential breach of privacy, especially if the images contain personal details of people in them. People should be careful when uploading their photographs through these sites as they could potentially be misused or shared without permission or knowledge.
In addition, there are many groups or communities that take part in image sharing sites and photo competitions using image submission sites to share their images for entertainment. Some of these competitions may represent a risk for the individual who does not have control over how the photo is going to be used by the organizers or even by judges who may have no knowledge about the individuals or use of their photos.
Related Article: Dofollow Directory Submission Sites
What Are All the Aspects That Should Follow a Good Image Submission?
An image submission should contain the following aspects:
- A transparent background- A caption that includes the title of the artwork and a link to where people can find out more information. (It should be in a clear and readable font, not jumbled up).
- The name of the artist(s), his/her username, and their Facebook page or other social media profile.
- The image must be high resolution (180 dpi minimum for artworks), 2560*1440 pixels is ideal.
- No copyrighted content (such as copyrighted logos, brand name symbols, etc) would give rise to confusion in the minds of the public.
- A watermark with the artist’s name will be added to the image.
- Images must be of good quality so that they don’t look pixelated online (it’ll look blurred instead).
- No subliminal messages or impinging on any person or organization’s reputation is allowed.
- No nudity or pornographic material is allowed.
- The image must be a .png file with a transparent background.
- It should be on a white background, not black (backgrounds are usually added in the end).
- A 4:3 ratio (for images used on websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and blog posts), or 16:9 (for images used on YouTube and other video sites).
- A capture of the artwork itself, the artwork should not be cropped.
- The name of the artwork.
- The title of the artwork (it should be in a clear and readable font, not jumbled up).
- A description of the artwork (what is what in the image, it’s just like a caption).
- The artist’s name and his/her username.
- A link to where people can find out more information on the artist (such as his/her Facebook page or other social media profile).
- A link to where people can get a print or digital download of this artwork.
- A link to where people can buy related merchandise.
- The copyright year and author’s name of the work.
- For artwork made or edited using computer software, the author’s name should be supplied.
- The license of the artwork.
- A credit to the artist is optional but a good gesture.
This is just an example of a properly formatted image submission.
Related Article: Top Free Directory Submission Sites
Steps to be followed Images Submission on Image Submission Sites
Step 1: Design your images to optimize for size and quality.
Step 2: Know what formats are best for uploading to the blog posts you want to promote (e.g., use PNG for high-resolution graphics, GIF for animations).
Step 3: Enter your images into a captioning service.
Step 4: Promote your captions on other blogs, using the traditional URL targeting method.
Step 5: Know how to find and use free submission sites for image promotion.
Step 6: Check out this blog post about the best free image hosting sites for bloggers.
Step 7: Practice submitting images to popular blogs or services.
Step 8: Assemble a list of blogs or sites that are likely to accept new images (like this).
Step 9: Persistently promote your images.
Step 10: Change the caption images on your best performing posts, and submit those new ones.
Top 10 Image Sharing Sites List 2022
|S.No.||Top Free Image Submission Sites||DA||PA||Submission||Sharing||Year|
High DA Image Submission Sites List
|S.No.||List of High DA Image Submission Sites||DA||PA||Submission||Sharing||Year|
Top Photo Sharing Platforms for Image Submission Sites List
|S.No.||List of Best Image Submission Sites||DA||PA||Submission||Sharing||Year|
More Useful Picture Sharing Sites List
|S.No.||Image Submission Sites||DA||PA||Submission||Sharing||Year|
List of 100+ Dofollow Image Submission Sites
|S.NO.||Image Submission Sites||LINK-TYPE|
Benefits of Image Submission Sites
The benefits of image submission sites are the following:
- It is a way for people to share their opinions about the world.
- It is a way for people to learn how other people think, feel and act in different situations through being exposed to different photos and videos.
- It is a helpful tool when it comes down to understanding human behavior because not all images are created equal and each photo has been given meaning in some particular context, which can be learned by others through the pictures they submit to image-sharing sites online.
- Many image submission sites have a social networking aspect to them, meaning that there are different ways in which people can communicate with each other.
- They are an easy way to express one’s feelings and thoughts on something that has been on their mind such as a picture of an accident scene or the aftermath of a natural disaster.
- Some people create art out of their images that are submitted to online photo-sharing sites.
- Image submission sites allow people to practice different types of photography such as macro, astrophotography, portrait, street photography, and even commercial photography.
- Photo-sharing sites are a good way for artists, designers, and photographers to become inspired by the images they find as they go through their daily routine of looking through photos that have been submitted by other users.
Image submissions sites have been a great thing for everyone. These websites are committed to providing both the current and future generations of designers with a variety of up-to-date graphics that fill all of their design needs. Unfortunately, with this ever-growing number of websites popping up, it can become difficult to determine which site is best suited for what you are looking for.
In today’s article, we will take a moment to cover some of the advantages and disadvantages image submission sites have and help you in your quest to find which website is best suited for your needs or tastes. The first topic we will cover is the various image formats they provide as well as how they differ from one another.